WHAT TWO KINDS OF ANGER ARE THERE?
1. There is your constructive emotional energy of Authentic Anger you use to get what you want in a healthy way.
2. There is your destructive emotional energy of Corrosive Anger you use to get what you want in an unhealthy way.
1. A couple use their energy of authentic anger to build a happy married life together.
2. A couple use their energy of corrosive anger to destroy their life together.
1. A teenager who wants a car uses his authentic anger to get his car by getting a job and buying his car.
2. A teenager who wants a car uses his corrosive anger to get a car by stealing someone else's car.
1. A depressed mother uses her authentic anger to begin her recovery and thereby make life more pleasant for those around her.
2. A depressed mother used her corrosive anger to make life even more miserable for herself and those around her.
ANOTHER WAY TO LOOK AT ANGER:
I modified the Parker and Hart cartoon to include desire as well as fear. With fear we have a negative difference between what we have and what we want. With desire we have a positive difference between what we have and what we want. One energy is driving us away and another towards, but drive us they do. Below is another version of this cartoon where I changed the words "run the kingdom" to "let the kingdom run" and "fear or desire" to JOY. In the kingdom of heaven in the garden of eden [pleasure] the kingdom runs by joy.
Outside the garden the kingdom is run by fear and desire. When you get this, you get the simple secrets of life and spirit.
WHAT ARE THE OTHER KINDS OF ANGER?
There are still only two kinds of anger. Authentic Anger from JOY that is Healthy or Corrosive Anger from fears and desires and that is Unhealthy. However, each kind of anger has many flavors. The root sin of corrosive anger is the root of all the branches of the "seven deadly sins" or actually nine. The branches have many limbs and leaves. This is the tree of knowledge of good and evil that is run by the energy of corrosive anger.
The tree of life is run by the energy of authentic anger. It produces the nine virtues. It also has many limbs and leaves.
WHAT OTHER KINDS OF ANGER ARE THERE?
There are unlimited perceptions of anger. We can feel many different ways when we have a difference between what we want and what we have.
The flavors are unlimited. The corrosive flavor is from feeling the root branch of the "seven deadly sins". The authentic flavor is feeling the root branch of the seven lively virtues.
Instead of seven sins and virtues, I am going to use nine. I am going to use the nine from the enneagram personality system. The nine personalities are based on nine different forms of anger.
The type 1 is self righteous and intolerant. The type 2 is self deluding and manipulative. The type 3 is hostile and exploitive. The type 4 is inhibited and alienated from others. The type 5 is rejecting and isolated from others. The type 6 is dependent and self disparaging. The type 7 is impulsive and abusive. The type 8 is ruthless and violent. The type 9 is repressive and neglectful. These characteristics can be found in anyone. I recommend "Understanding the Enneagram" by Don Riso.
The nine flavors of virtue are also possible by transforming the nine flavors of sin. The virtues are. The type 1 is Tolerant. The type 2 is Altruistic. The type 3 is Genuine. The type 4 is Creative. The type 5 is Understanding. The type 6 is Courageous. The type 7 is Grateful. The type 8 is Magnanimous. The type 9 is Fulfilled.
This is continued on the chapter on archetypes.