HOW CAN I USE THE 12 STEPS TO RECOVER FROM MY ANGER AND MY RAGE?
Do the 12 steps for rageaholics since we are all rageaholics at some times and to some degrees.
WHAT ARE THE 12 STEPS FOR RAGEAHOLICS?
1. I am admitting that I am powerless over my unhealthy anger and rage. I am seeing that my unhealthy rage and anger have made my life somewhat unmanageable and miserable.
2. I am coming to believe that a Power greater than my unhealthy rage and anger can restore me to sanity, sobriety, health, wealth, and happiness.
3. I am making my decisions to turn my will and my life over to God, as I understand God so far. I am doing this every day and every time that I am getting myself into trouble.
4. I am making a searching and fearless inventory of where my life is not working towards health, wealth, and happiness.
5. I am admitting to myself, to another human being, and to God, as I understand God so far, where my life is not working.
6. I am deciding to let go and let God, as I understand God so far, show me how to get my life working better.
7. I am humbly asking God, as I understand God so far, to remove my shortcomings and replace them with God's Longcomings.
8. I am making amends to anyone that I have intentionally hurt in the past. I am letting God, as I understand God so far, bring anyone I intentionally hurt, to my remembrance.
9. I am making amends to anyone whenever possible, except when making amends would hurt myself or another. I am no longer hurting myself or others. I am caring about myself so that I can really care about others.
10. I am continuing to take only personal inventory and when I find I am making a mistake, I am promptly admitting I am making a mistake. When I make the mistake of judging someone and taking their inventory, I promptly forgive myself and them for what I was finding in their inventory.
11. I am seeking through prayer and meditation to improve my conscious contact with God. I am only praying for knowing God's will for me and the power to carry out His will.
12. I am having a spiritual awakening as a result of doing these steps and I am carrying what I am learning to other rageaholics and angeraholics. I am practicing all these steps in all my affairs as I am learning.